Close window

138th Brigade

GOC - Brig. Gen. G C Kemp

1/4th Lincolnshire Regt Lt. Col. G J Barrell

The 4th Lincolnshire Regiment was formed by the merger and reorganisation of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Volunteer Battalions of the Lincolnshire Regiment in 1908.

The headquarters were at the Drill Hall in Broadgate, Lincoln and its eight companies were based at:

A, E and H Companies - Drill Hall in Broadgate, Lincoln
B Company - The Barracks, Harrowby in Grantham
C Company - Drill Hall, Main Ridge, Boston
D Company - The Armoury, 43, High Street, Stamford
F Company - Drill Hall in Haversfield Road, Spalding
G Company - Drill Hall, Boston Road in Horncastle and the Armoury and Orderly Room, Carre Street, Sleaford

 

1/5th Lincolnshire Regt Col. T E Sandall CMG TD

The 5th Lincolnshire Regiment was formed by the merger and reorganisation of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Volunteer Battalions of the Lincolnshire Regiment in 1908.

The headquarters were at the Infantry Drill Hall in Doughty Road, Grimsby and its eight companies were based at:

A and B Companies - Infantry Drill Hall in Doughty Road, Grimsby
C Company - Drill Hall, Hatton Road, Spilsby
D Company - Drill Hall, Northgate, Louth
E Company - Drill Hall, Butts Road, Barton on Humber
F Company - Corn Exchange, Alford
G Company - Drill Hall, 19, Home Street, Scunthorpe
H Company - Drill Hall, Spital Terrace, Gainsborough

 

1/4th Leicestershire Regt Lt. Col. B F Clarke

The 4th Leicestershire Regiment was formed when the 1st Volunteer Battalion of the Leicestershire Regiment was split in 1908. This battalion was based in and around Leicester.

The headquarters were at The Magazine, Oxford Street in Leicester and its eight companies were based at:

A, D, E, F and G Companies - Oxford Street, Leicester
B Company - Oxford Street with a drill station at Anstey
C Company - Oxford Street with a drill station at Syston
H Company based at Wigston

 

1/5th Leicestershire Regt Lt. Col. C H Jones, CMG

The 5th Leicestershire Regiment was formed when the 1st Volunteer Battalion of the Leicestershire Regiment was split in 1908. This battalion was based in the towns of rural Leicestershire

The headquarters were at the Drill Hall, Granby Street in Loughborough and its eight companies were based at:

A Company - The Armoury, Rifle Range Road, Ashby-de-la-Zouch
B Company - Angel Inn in Oakham, Rutland
C Company - the Corn Exchange in Melton Mowbray
D Company - New Buildings in Hinckley
E Company - the Drill Hall, Coventry Road, Market Harborough
F Company - Mountsorrel
G Company - Shepshed
H Company - Drill Hal, Granby Street l, Loughborough

 

138th Brigade Machine Gun Company Capt Ellwood

 

138th Brigade Trench Mortar Battery Capt E J R Hett


© Alan MacDonald 2007. All rights reserved. No publication without permission.


Close window